The program uses the online Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). DICAS can be contacted by email at DICASInfo@DICAS.org or at https://portal.dicas.org.
The program accepts applications for the spring match only. The online application must be completed no later than 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. The fee to use DICAS is $45 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application. The program participates in the second round match only with candidates who were interviewed prior to the matching deadline.
The Department of State Hospitals - Napa Dietetic Internship Program requires the following information be provided by all applicants:
- Completed DICAS application. Your application will not be considered if your work and volunteer experiences are not included in the applicable section of the application. Applicants are encouraged to include all work and volunteer experiences, not just those that are nutrition-related.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Three professional letters of reference from individuals who know you well and can speak to your strengths and weaknesses.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement that addresses the questions outlined in the DICAS application.
- Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree and Academy Minimum Academic Requirements or DPD Program Verification Statement.
- Supplemental Internship Application postmarked by February 15.
Applicants must register and enter their Dietetic Internship priority choices online at www.dnddigital.com. There is a $55 charge for computer matching that is due at the time the applicant registers. Address questions or inquiries to: