Mission Goals & Objectives
The program’s mission is to promote lifelong learning and advocate development of individuals who are equipped with unique skills and abilities in the field of dietetics. The program seeks to provide an educational environment that acknowledges each individual’s learning potential and facilitates development of marketable skills as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. The program’s goals and objectives are:
The program’s goals and objectives are:
- To prepare graduates to be competent entry-level dietitians.
- 100% of interns will complete the program within 17 months.
- Over a five-year period, 80% of graduates who sought employment in dietetics will be employed or further educated in a dietetics-related field within the first year of program completion.
- Over a five-year period, 95% of graduates will take the RD exam within one year of program completion.
- Over a five-year period, graduates will achieve an 80% pass rate on the RD exam on the first attempt.
- 90% of graduates will be given ratings of “meets standards” or better by their employers on the Post Internship Survey-Employer.
- To provide quality training and experience in several California State institutions in an effort to encourage graduates to seek permanent employment with the State of California and the program affiliates.
- 50% of graduates will pursue dietetic-related positions available in the California State Employment System or with one of the program’s affiliates.
- 25% of graduates will obtain a dietetic-related position within the California State Employment System or with one of the program’s affiliates.