Welcome to the Department of State Hospitals!
- January 2015 Financial Activity Report – 01-27-2015
- Would more psychiatric asylums solve the mental health crisis in America? – 01-26-2015
- The promise and limits of 'mental health first aid' – 01-26-2015
- California court: 5th Amendment applies in mental hearings – 01-26-2015
- Want the latest DSH recruitment news? Follow us on Twitter – 01-12-2015
- DSH: Governor's budget highlights – 01-09-2015
- Governor Brown appoints Pam Ahlin as DSH Director – 01-06-2015
Financial Activity Reports
- 2014-15 State Budget – 06-24-2014
California Department of State Hospitals
1600 9th Street, Rm. 151
Sacramento, CA 95814
I am honored that Governor Jerry Brown has appointed me director of the Department of State Hospitals. I know how lucky I am to work for this department, and to have the opportunity to serve you through this leadership role. I want to do everything I can to continue to improve safety and treatment in our facilities.
I am excited to serve with Stephanie Clendenin, who was appointed chief deputy director of DSH. The chief deputy position, which I have served in for the past year, is crucial to our department’s ability to accomplish its goals. Stephanie’s experience in public health planning, as well as her commitment to state service, will give her deep insights into the challenging issues we face.
I also want to thank Cliff Allenby, who has been the acting director for the last four years, for his service. I haven’t met anyone who’s as enthusiastically dedicated to guiding us in our mission as Cliff. His sound judgment and superb management skills have inspired me daily, and will continue to do so. Cliff will be staying on in an advisory capacity for a while.
Lastly, but most importantly, I’d like to thank our staff. It is their skill and diligence that moves this department forward every day. I look forward to working with them in 2015 and beyond, as we continue striving to provide effective treatment in an environment that is safe for both our patients and our staff.
from right to left: Pam Ahlin, director of Department of State Hospitals; Cliff Allenby, advisor to the director of the Department of State Hospitals; and Stephanie Clendenin, chief deputy director of Department of State Hospitals.