- In-person visitation may be modified or suspended based on the hospital’s current COVID-19 conditions or as recommended by CDC, CDPH, local Public Health Department guidance.
- Patients with active COVID-19 disease are not permitted to have in-person visitors or participate in tele-visits until released from isolation.
- Patients residing on Admission, Quarantined, or Observation Units are not permitted to have in-person or tele-visits.
- Each patient is allowed up to two adult and one pre-approved minor per scheduled visit, or three adults total. For tele-visits, all visitors participating must be in one physical location.
- No food or drink is allowed during visitation.
- No restroom facilities will be available during visitation.
- Visitor clothing shall be conservative. Khaki-colored clothing (beige, tan, etc.) is prohibited on site.
- To allow for wider patient access to both forms of visitation, each patient can only be scheduled for one type of visit per day.
- Visit scheduling will be on a first come first serve basis and is subject to change at any time. Incomplete or inaccurate visit requests will be denied.
- To schedule an in-person or tele-visit please use the scheduling link below.
- Daily times for scheduled visits are: 0815, 0915, 1015, 1115, and 1215
- All visits are limited to 45 minutes due to scheduling and infection control measures.
- In-person visits can be scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Tele-visits can be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. A previously approved minor may be allowed to participate in tele-visits scheduled on Fridays ONLY, with the parent or guardian listed on approval forms. If the minor has not been previously approved, please contact the unit Clinical Social Worker.
- All requests for visiting will be processed by Department of Police Services. If the visitor is restricted from grounds or has an active warrant, the visit request will be denied.
- Approved visitor(s) will receive a confirmation email with visit day and time within three business days of the requested visit date. Tele-visitors will also receive a WebEx link to use to access the tele-visit.
Screening and Testing Protocols
- In-person visitors should arrive to DSH-Atascadero at least 30 minutes in advance of their scheduled visit to allow time for screening and testing protocols.
- Upon arrival in-person visitors are screened for COVID-19 including:
- A review of current signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- A review of any close contact with individuals with COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
- Having their temperature taken.
- Visitors who are screened out will be asked to leave the hospital immediately and will have to reschedule their in-person visit or opt for a video tele-visit.
- Visitors are encouraged to take a COVID-19 test prior to their visit.
- Rapid Antigen Testing of visitors 16 years of age and older will be offered for in-person visitation if a negative PCR results are not provided.
During the Visit
- Approved visitor(s) will have their identity verified at the beginning of the visit. Only previously approved visitor(s) can participate in the visit.
- During the visit, the patient and visitor(s) will be expected to adhere to Visiting Room and DSH-Atascadero policies. This includes, but is not limited to, attire and appropriate behavior. Any misconduct or failure to follow visiting policies may result in termination of the visit.
- Department of Police Services Visiting Room officers maintain visual surveyance of all visits.
- Criminal activity observed during visits will be processed in accordance with applicable laws.
- In-person visitors and patients shall wear masks provided during visit. The only exception to required masking is children under two (2) years of age. Surgical masks will be provided, and visitor will always be required to wear the mask to coverthe mouth and nose while on hospital grounds.
- In person visitors and patients shall maintain physical distancing from the patient, other patients and visitors, and staff members. No physical contact is permitted.
Technology Requirements to Participate in a WebEx Meeting
- Headphones with microphone (preferred)
- Stable internet connection
- Computer WebEx Tutorial
- Mobile Device:
- WebEx App
- Stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular)
- Headphones with mic (preferred)
- Front facing camera
- Mobile Smart Phone WebEx Tutorial
DSH-Atascadero Visitation Scheduling (NOTE: best viewed using Chrome, Internet Explorer may not be supported)