DSH-Napa is open for both in-person and tele-visits.
Department of State Hospitals is open for in-person visitation. Protocols for in-person visits have been developed based on CDPH and CDC guidance. The below guidelines are implemented in order to keep patients and their visitors safe during the on-going COVID-19 pandemic.
- In-person visitation may be modified or suspended based on the hospital’s current COVID-19 conditions or as recommended by CDC, CDPH, and local Public Health Department guidance.
- All patients regardless of vaccination status are permitted to have in-person visits. Televisits will also remain available to all patients.
- The Program 4 Visiting Center is open for Program 4 patient visits.
- Patients with active COVID-19 disease or in quarantine are not permitted to have in-person visitors until release criteria is met.
- Each patient is allowed up to four visitors per visit.
- Consumption of food or drink is allowed per hospital policies. Masks are required when not actively eating or drinking.
- Times for scheduled visits: 0900, 1000, 1100, 1330, 1430, 1500
- All visits are limited to 45 minutes due to scheduling and infection control measures, with the exception of the 1500 time slot which is limited to 30 minutes.
- In-person visits can be scheduled on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday for all time slots. On Sunday in-person visits can only be scheduled for the 0900, 1000, 1100 and 1330 time slots.
- Televisits can be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday for all time slots. On Sunday televisits can only be scheduled for the 1430 & 1500 time slots.
- All in-person visits must be scheduled in advance through the following link: DSH-Napa Visitation Scheduling.
Screening and Testing Protocols:
- Visitors are asked to arrive at least 10 minutes in advance of their scheduled visit to allow time for screening and check-in.
- Visitors are screened for COVID-19 including:
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Close contact with individuals with COVID-19 in the prior 14 days
- Visitors who are screened out will be asked to leave the hospital immediately and reschedule the visit.
During the Visit:
- Visitors and residents wear masks for source control during visitation. The only exception is children under the age of 2. Surgical masks will be provided and required to be worn by visitors at the hospital.
- Hand hygiene should be performed by both parties before and after the visit.
- Visitors and patients shall maintain social distancing during the visit.
- Patients can choose to briefly touch visitors at the beginning and end of each visit while wearing a mask (such as a hug or handshake).
- Visitors shall maintain social distancing from other patients and staff.
- All other facility policies related to visiting regulations, attire, and allowable items remain in effect.
- Infection prevention measures are performed by hospital staff before and after each visit, including cleaning of tables, chairs, commonly touched surfaces, etc.
Advisory: Please be advised that DSH-Napa is not currently at risk from the active wildfires in Napa County.
Security Treatment Area (STA) & Program 4 Visiting and Package Centers
The Hospital Police Department operates both Visiting Centers in the Security Treatment Area (STA) and Program 4 seven days a week. The Visiting Center’s hours are 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All visitors must be checked in by no later than 3:00 p.m. The Visiting Centers are also open on all holidays.The Package Center operates five days a week, Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Patients can utilize the Package Center on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Package Center is closed to patients, as these days are dedicated to receiving and sorting. The Package Center is closed on holidays.