In an effort to provide lower prices and better service to our patients, DSH-Patton has procured a new canteen contract. Please visit the Family and Friend Resource page for information regarding this change.
In an effort to protect our patients from the spread of Influenza Virus, effective November 01, 2018, Department of State Hospitals is requiring all visitors to follow guidelines regarding flu vaccination and patient contact. During the flu season, generally November through April, the following rules apply:
- All visitors, entering DSH-Patton’s Secured Treatment Area, including the Visiting Center, are required to do one of the following:
- Show proof of recent Influenza Vaccination, or
- Wear a protective mask upon entering the Secured Treatment Area or Visiting Center
- Visitors shall not remove masks at anytime during the visit, including for food and beverage consumption.
- Children visiting patients must also comply as follows:
- Under 6 months of age: Parent must show proof that the mother was vaccinated
- Over 6 months of age: Parent must show proof of child’s individual vaccination
Should flu season be extended by the county Public Health Department, these rules will be in effect throughout the flu season as determined by the county.
All new visitors are encouraged to submit proof of flu vaccination with their initial visiting application.
DSH-Patton appreciates and thanks all visitors for their efforts and cooperation in helping to minimize this flu seasons impact on our patients.
* Masks will be provided for visitors without proof of flu vaccination.