DSH - Patton: Family and Friend Resources
Telephone Access for Patients
On each residential unit there are two telephones available to patients - one is for outgoing calls and one is for incoming calls. Outgoing phones are left on all the time, 24 hours/day; however, incoming phones are shut off from 10 p.m. each evening to 6 a.m. each morning.
- All incoming and outgoing letters to and from patients (exception - WIC 5358/LPS patients have the right to receive unopened correspondence, which will be opened in front of staff) shall be opened and inspected for contraband by staff.
- All photos, received through the mail, will be screened by the staff. Polaroid pictures are not allowed to come in through the mail. Patients are not allowed to have any photos that resemble themselves as adults. Patients are allowed photos of themselves as children or youths, but any photo (even of close relatives) that resemble the patient as an adult are not allowed. Additionally, photos of victims are prohibited.
- All oversized and bulky letters shall be considered to be packages and shall be opened in the Hospital Package Room.
Patients may not receive packages from home or from friends. All packages to patients must be purchased from a vendor. DSH-Patton has a contract with a vendor to provide common items to patients in the facility. However, families and friends are permitted to do business with any legitimate mail-order company (such as Wal-Mart or JCPenney) as long as the purchased items are shipped directly from the business and not to a family member first. When those items are received from a vendor they must still abide by all rules outlined on the Allowable Items and Contraband List.
Any item that constitutes a safety or potential security concern can be denied or confiscated. For example, items packaged in glass or metal containers will not be allowed.
- All packages will be opened, searched and inspected prior to going to patient.
- Unapproved items will be returned to the sender at the patient’s expense.
- Packages will not be accepted in the Visiting Center. Visitors may not bring items to the mailroom for delivery to a patient.
Effective December 2, 2019:
- Please visit www.touchpayonline.com or call (866) 232-1899
- TouchPay is available for deposits 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and accepts Visa or Mastercard
- Select the link labeled “Make a Deposit Now” under the “Corrections” column
- This will allow your family or friend to use the money you deposit toward canteen….. (take this out, they can use the funds toward, canteen, vending, and/or outside vendors)
- Please visit https://Shop.iCareGifts.com or call (877) 615-3296
- The iCare call center is open 7-days a week 8am-9pm (EST) and accepts Visa or Mastercard.
- iCare allows family and friends to order a package to be delivered to their loved one directly to the unit and is not counted as part of the quarterly package limits
- The patient’s 7-digit hospital identification number will be needed to process any of the above transactions.
Please note: If you have used the 7-digit hospital identification number with AccessCorrections, that number will not change. If you do not have that number, please get that from your loved one as iCare facility will not have that information.
Mailing Address:Department of State Hospitals - Patton
3102 East Highland Avenue
Patton, California 92369
Patient's Account - Adding Money
Make Payable to:
Patton State Hospital for (insert patients name) (Example; “Patton State Hospital for Jane Smith”)
Department of State Hospitals – Patton
ATTN: Trust Office
3102 E. Highland Ave.
Patton, CA 92369
Sender's name and address must be included with all checks or money orders.
Cash, traveler’s checks, and blank checks or money orders are not accepted and will be returned to sender.
Go to: pattonpackages.com
Please contact the Trust Office at 909-425-7551 with any questions or concerns.
The Department of State Hospitals - Patton holds neighborhood meetings, which are open to the public. The purpose of this meeting is to give the hospital an opportunity to discuss with local residents upcoming hospital events and changes. The public will also be able to ask questions regarding any of their concerns. The meetings are held in the Administration Room 103A on the scheduled dates and times listed below.
MEETING SCHEDULE: No meetings currently scheduled
Family and Friends Education and Support Meeting
The Family and Friends Education Support Group is an opportunity for the family members and significant others of the individuals committed to a state hospital to learn more about the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. It is also an opportunity to learn more about DSH Patton and the legal commitments of the individuals that we serve.
DSH Patton provides this meeting opportunity every third Sunday of each month (excluding Holidays) from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Residence One which is located near the Visiting Center.
This meeting provides a venue for you to become involved in your family member’s treatment. You will have an opportunity to engage and listen to presenters who are experts in mental health treatment and the justice system. A schedule of presenters will be posted at the Visiting Center. You will gain insight and support from the challenges and successes of other families facing similar circumstances.
We are also providing a similar meeting for our Spanish-speaking family members and friends every third Sunday of each month (Excluding Holidays) from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Cottage “S”.
If you have any questions, want to find out about the topics being covered, or you need directions, please contact:
Hope Marriott, LCSW
Desk: (909) 425-7842